Monday, May 24, 2010

A New Season.

Today has been one of the greatest birthdays I've had by far. I've spent the last week and a half in Port Arthur, TX with my dear friend Breanne. It's been an interesting trip, a little awkward at first while I tried to meet new people while fighting some persistent headaches, but it's also been a trip of retreat and reflection.

I've had a lot of "first" experiences. First time on a ferry, first time to Galveston, first time to be a bridesmaid (though the wedding is in a year), first time to have crawfish, first time to hear someone speak in tongues, first time to meet a group of people who listen to the rocket summer (haha), etc..

This trip has definitely thrown me for an unexpected spiritual loop. Not a bad loop, but a weird/challenging/encouraging one. Today, as I was praying and thanking the Lord for another year of life, it was as if He was telling me that we're about to start a new season of life together. It was a very heart-warming and exciting thought, and I can't seem to get it off my mind now!

Two things I've specifically been challenged by are the Daniel Fast (http://www.gotquestions.org/Daniel-fast.html) and the Nazarite Vow. (http://www.learnthebible.org/daily_portion_0185.htm) I want to do something to show my thankfulness to the Lord and my commitment to Him. I want to go deeper than I've ever gone with Him, but I know that's kind of scary at the same time.

.. I'm rambling a bit now, because it's 1:51 in the morning and I'm pooped! More tomorrow, if I survive wedding dress shopping with Bree and Company! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment