Monday, April 25, 2011

A Romanian Adventure :)

Buna Seara! :) I have some exciting news! But first, a little back-story..

If you've read any of my previous posts, you've seen how the Lord has broken my heart for the nations. He has specifically laid Africa on my heart, specifically the countries of Uganda & Ghana. He has also recently opened my eyes to the need in Kenya, as I pray for my sweet friends the Omondi's who are currently serving in Mombasa. The church I attend, Crosstimbers Community Church, is currently building a highschool in Uganda. The video updates of Pastor Dongo's work in Kampala send shivers up my spine in anticipation of one day seeing the fruit of their labor in Heaven!

If you've ready any of my past ramblings, you've ALSO read about my struggle with desiring not only to go to Africa, but to Romania as well. I've taken several trips there when I was in High School, but have not returned in nearly 3 years. I prayed and cried long and hard over the decision I would make. I had an intense longing to visit Africa, but I knew in my heart God had something different in mind. Over the weeks, Romania kept coming up in different random places. I knew this is where I would be sent this Summer.

So, needless to say, I decided to purchase a plane ticket to Romania in faith that the Lord has a plan. (Actually, I used the ticket I didn't get to use for France last year..) Lord willing, I will be spending two sweet months in Timisoara, taking language and working with kids (of course) in some form or fashion. I have a couple options open to me, so I'll be excited to see what I end up doing! I will be staying with my parents in their apartment, which should be fun. ;) (I'm very thankful to have a good relationship with them so we can all stand to live in such close quarters for 8 weeks ;)) I will be leaving June 2nd and returning sometime in July. :)

Starting now, I intend to keep track of this Summer's adventures! Especially for my/my parents supporters, I'd like to use this blog to keep you in the loop on what the Lord is doing in Romania, so hopefully you can have a taste of the work you're making possible. (On that note, I just have to say.. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support!!) I have renamed my blog, "Little Gypsy Soul." The word "Gypsy" is defined as: "a person held to resemble a gypsy, especially in physical characteristics or in a traditionally ascribed freedom or inclination to move from place to place." They live with the freedom of a feather, able to come and go wherever the wind takes them. This is the kind of life my heart longs for.. to be able to move from place to place with nothing holding me down. Romanian gypsies are called the Romani people, and sadly, not everyone is as romanticized by these people as I am. They tend to be the poorest of the poor, and the most unreached in the country. I pray that one day (maybe even this summer!) I will be able to reach out to these people!

So, welcome to my gypsy journey. :) I hope and pray that this Summer Christ may be glorified and the Body encouraged to love Him and His people more. And, if you are not a Christian and all my lingo sounds like silliness, I hope that the stories you read inspire you and broaden your perspectives on the world. :)




I found this picture online, and I absolutely love it. Such a perfect picture of a sweet little Romani (gypsy) baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment