Friday, October 26, 2012

Hello, Third Trimester!

I'm dreaming today...

28.5 week bump!


I'm sitting at my kitchen table, reading and smelling the fantastic aroma of dinner in the crockpot. (One of our favorites: Honey Sesame Chicken) And, every so often, I get a little kick from the littlest Staton lady, reminding me that she's there and awake! I keep dreaming about her little face, wondering who she'll look like and what color hair she'll have. I wonder what her personality will be like, and what her voice will sound like. I can't wait to hear her say "Daddy" for the first time, because I know Kip will just melt. He loves her so much already, and I think he's going to be the sweetest Daddy.

I think it took a long time for the fact that I'm pregnant to really sink in. Even when I started to feel her move for the first time, it didn't seem real. But over the last few weeks, and especially at the beginning of the third trimester, it has really hit me. We're going to have a baby in this home... soon. Her room is painted pink, her crib is set up and we have a cradle next to the bed in our room. The quiet moments Kip and I have soon won't be so quiet, and time alone will be even more of a treasure than it is now. We're soaking in every bit of our time as a family of two, while really looking forward to the family of three. :)

Our first birthing class went really well. We really enjoyed meeting the five other couples (who are all first-time parents!) and getting some encouragement and perspective from the midwives and their assistants. It really helped me realize that my body is going to do what my body is going to do. I can't worry or stress about when or how she'll come, I just have to be patient and trust that God will bring her into this world in His own way. My job is just to ride it out and let it all happen. I feel like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders... one that was never mine to bear!

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." -Isaiah 26:3

I think baby girl is getting hungry (well, at least I am), so I'm off to a PB&J sandwich and some Raspberry Leaf Tea while I watch a documentary on natural childbirth. Holler! Prime-time entertainment, right there. :)

Love always,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. And Auntie tears up.....l

    Love you!

    Your baby bump is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete