Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Seasons.

The start of the summer has brought about so many new and good things! I've recently been more and more obsessed with eating healthier and more naturally. I started just YESTERDAY on a new veggie/no sugar/no soda kick. I already feel better, though my body is obviously still adjusting to the lack of caffeine and high fructose corn syrup pumping through my body! Kicking a Dr Pepper addiction is no easy task. ;)

Spent some time with Mom today, cleaning out the memories and cobwebs from the warehouse. It was a good time of finding old pictures, letting go of the past and getting ready for the future! I scored some really adorable, legitimately vintage mason jars, an old form of my Grandma Pugs, and I'm trying to convince my Mother to let me keep some great old suitcases that have travelled the world with my grandparents. Otherwise, I went through some cute notes from friends from Junior High, some things I drew and wrote, and some funny trinkets I've collected over the years. I had to laugh at some of the silliness of keeping some of the junk we had (reminded me of Ecclesiastes: "Vanity! All is vanity!"), but every once in a while I would find some precious gem that reminded me of some sort of joy from the past.. my heart would glow and I would put it in the "keep" box. I hope to keep many things for my future wedding and home, whenever that season comes. :)

In other news, I leave in 16 days for New Mexico to work with sweet little Navajo kids with my brother's church. I'm super excited to spend some time with his High School ministry kids and work with them for the good of the Kingdom. We'll be putting on a Vacation Bible School for the kids on the Navajo reservation. It's way different from anything I've ever done, but I'm really excited to get my hands dirty again in the name of Jesus!

Side note: also praying that God might allow me to go to France this summer to help with Vacation Bible School there! Hopefully I'll have an update on that soon!

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment