Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vagabond Summer.

SO MUCH GOING ON!

I've returned from New Mexico, a little bruised, a lot tired, and a TON in love with the Lord. :) It was an amazing one-week experience on the Navajo Reservation outside of Alberquerque (sp?). No shower for the week, no mirrors, no running water, no TOILET.. Sometimes it takes simplifying life and stripping away all the extras that we see as necessities to be able to get a close look at the face of God. And that's exactly what we got last week.

We put on a Vacation Bible School in the mornings, and spent time in the afternoons building relationships with eachother and the Navajos, playing baseball, taking naps, painting the church and playground there.. and even getting to ride (and in my case FALL OFF OF) some of their horses. Yes, that's right, I fell off their fastest racehorse as it was sprinting down the trail, and broke/sprained/strained my elbow (still not sure which). God protected me and shook me up a bit, to revive my thankfulness for life and his creation. The only time we could get phone/internet signal was on top of a mountain behind the res, so at night we would hike up to the top and give family and friends updates on what new crazy thing was happening that day. We had no choice though, but to ADMIRE God's creation before we could even look at our phones. The view of what the Lord created for HIS glory alone was breathtaking, especially since it was completely uninterrupted by buildings, smog, etc.. And, I was also able to be baptized by my hero, protector, and big brother that week, which was a dream come true. I admire many people, but my brother has to take the cake. Needless to say, it was a fantastic week!

Now it's time to switch gears! The time to leave for France is drawing closer and closer, and I'm not feeling ready at all! My laundry isn't done, I actually have no idea what to pack.. and my support is coming in quite slowly. However, I have been very encouraged to hang out with the sweet ladies I'll be serving with, and they are getting me very excited to get over there! Call me melodramatic, but I actually saw a rainbow on my way home today, and it reminded me to think of all the promises God has given, that He will provide for us exactly when we need it, and He walks us through every step. Praise Him, who faithfully pursues our hearts and never lets go!

So many other exciting things seem to be happening at home too.. But more on those later. ;) <3

ALL for the sake of the Kingdom,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment